[ltp] TP 380Z not seeing all of RAM

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:20:36 -0500 (CDT)

| I have a 380z with 160 meg of Ram in it. It sees it all from the bios
| screen but not in Redhat 6.0. I tried the    LILO: linux mem=160 but
| that does n't seem to work. Anyone have any other ideas?

What do you mean by "doesn't seem to work"?   You mean it still sees
only 64M (or whatever)?  Or do you mean that Linux crashes when you do
that?

You should write down the number that the BIOS prints out. Then you'll
want to boot with that number (including a "k" on the end). For example,
on my 770Z with 320MB, I'd use this:

	LILO: linux mem=327104k

Of course you really want to put it in your lilo.conf.