[ltp] IBM thinkpad 600 - CPU fan

Martin Fluch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:19:37 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, William Wong wrote:

> I wonder whether the CPU fan is self regulated by the BIOS of TP600
> itself.
>
> I noticed that the fan is turned on for a short period during system boot
> up.  Afterwards, seems that I never notice the ventilation fan turning on
> again.
>
> I am running  slackware 3.9 on it.
>
> Thanks in advance for any idea.

I have the same 'problem' with my TP 770 ... nearly neve the fan is
turning on, except if I use it for some time on my bed ... I guess, this
is an advantage of an real Pentium/Pentium 2 *mobile*, which uses much
less power than an normal Pentium/Pentium 2 used by the lower class
notebooks ... :-)

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de