[ltp] Linux+TP385XD+Port Replicator

Campo Weijerman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:59:02 +0200

Hi,
I have a 760XL that I use both with and without what I
think is called a selectadock base (basically just a
port replicator) and it works like a charm.  I think it
doesn't even notice. Of course, if you want to use X windows
with the external monitor you may (probably will) need to
adapt your config file.

Re. your other questions, I have used Linux with OS/2
for some time on the same machine, and never had any
trouble.  I used OS/2 boot manager to boot 'wherever I
wanted to go that day'. (I also had Win95 and NT).

OS/2 cannot read or write linux filesystems, but Linux
reads and writes FAT just fine. It reads HPFS as well,
and I think r/w access to HPFS is coming soon. If you
want to share data reliably, just create a logical
(not primary) FAT partition (D: drive).

Just go ahead and do it! But be sure to make backups of
all your data, of course.
Success, Campo
--
Campo Weijerman <campo@raleigh.ibm.com>