[ltp] ethernet after suspend/resume?

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:03:31 -0500 (CDT)

| Could someone please send me her/his /etc/apmd/apmd_proxy file?

Note that you have to have apmd 3.0b5 or later for apmd_proxy support.

Here's my apmd_proxy.  It turns off the PC Cards and unloads the sound
drivers on suspend, and restores them on resume.

#!/bin/ksh

logger "apmd_proxy: $*"

case "$*" in

  suspend*)
    cardctl eject & # may take a moment
    lsof -t /dev/{audio,dsp,midi,mixer,music,sequencer,sndstat} | xargs kill
    sleep 1 # wait for things to die
    rmmod -s cs4232
    rmmod -s ad1848 uart401
    rmmod -s sound
    rmmod -s soundcore
    wait # for cardctl

    # The following is not needed if using vesafb (aka fb console)
    #lid="$(/usr/local/bin/tpctl --is | grep Lid)"
    #case "$lid" in
    # *Y)
    #   # Lid is closed - possibly unsafe to resume if X is running.
    #   # Try to dodge the problem.
    #   chvt 1
    #   ;;
    #esac