[ltp] Linux+TP385XD+Port Replicator

Alex Bell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:44:32 +0000

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:59:02 +0200, Campo Weijerman wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a 760XL that I use both with and without what I
>think is called a selectadock base (basically just a
>port replicator) and it works like a charm.  I think it
>doesn't even notice. Of course, if you want to use X windows
>with the external monitor you may (probably will) need to
>adapt your config file.

Many thanks, Campo, to you, Paul Curtis, and David Jones for your
encouraging comments.  But I am still concerned about having to adapt
the config file for the ThinkPad alone environment and the
ThinkPad+Port Replicator environment.  I don't know how to do that, and
haven't been able to find any help in either the Redhat 5.2 or Caldera
OpenLinux books I have.

>OS/2 cannot read or write linux filesystems, but Linux
>reads and writes FAT just fine. It reads HPFS as well,
>and I think r/w access to HPFS is coming soon. If you
>want to share data reliably, just create a logical
>(not primary) FAT partition (D: drive).

Yes, that seems a good idea - I could have a small FAT partition
between the HPFS and Linux partitions.  This would keep the two systems
 even more separate.