[ltp] Screen Flicker = VANQUISHED, sound = well i'm still fighting...

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 01:05:31 -0400

I posted a while back about a couple of issues I was having with
my laptop (770E)

After many changes to my XF86Config file I finally determined a configure that
eliminates completely the flicker that I experienced before.

32bpp, thats it
24 is worse than 16 for me
and 16 is pretty bad
but 32 is perfect (if a little slow)

On the sound front.
I have tried building the sould opts into the kernel - no help with the initial click.
Running X at 32bpp makes the mp3 playback problem much worse.  When i drag a window
around sound is badly distorted.  I can't figure this out.  It does not have to do with
CPU load.

Has anybody else noticed this issue? How did you solve it.

almost there

brad