[ltp] Screen Flicker = VANQUISHED, sound = well i'm still fighting...

Matthias Laessig linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 10:39:32 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Brad Langhorst wrote:

> On the sound front.
> I have tried building the sould opts into the kernel - no help with the initial click.
> Running X at 32bpp makes the mp3 playback problem much worse.  When i drag a window
> around sound is badly distorted.  I can't figure this out.  It does not have to do with
> CPU load.

What tool are you using for playing mp3? Use xmms and set it a+s. It uses
RealTime-Code then, makes it running very smooth here... no distortions at
all...

/matthi.

--
    If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is
Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free.