[ltp] Re: Segmentation fault with ftp client.

Carlton Davis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:33:50 +0000

"daniel.w.yang" wrote:

> I can give a guess of  what might happen. Normally, you will receive this
> error message "Segmentation fault" when application could not allocate
> memory properly. It might be caused by using the wrong version of library
> files. pls check the compatibility of your ftp with 2.2 kernel.
> Daniel Yang

I misrepresented the problem: I had installed a newer version of ftp
which doesn't
seem to be compatable with the ftp server on I was trying to connect to.
I re-installed
a older version of ftp and it is working fine now.

Thanks for the respond.

Carlton