[ltp] Networking Problems with 770X

Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:35:39 +0200

Hi,

I'am running SuSE 6.2 on a ThinkPad 770X and i am using a 3Com 10/100 LAN
card (3ccfe575bt).

I experienced big problems with programs using the network. After a while
it looks like the program hangs.

Then when I ping to another computer i have following pattern of response:

64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=5000.000 ms
64 bytes...time=4000.000 ms
64 bytes...time=3000.000 ms
64 bytes...time=2000.000 ms
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms

When i use another pcmcia-card, the IBM 10/100 Etherjet cardbus the
response gets even bader:
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=0.400 ms
64 bytes...time=14000.000 ms
64 bytes...time=13000.000 ms

It looks like most messages take only .4 ms but every 5 to 10 seconds
messages are delayed.

I installed the new pcmcia 3.0.14 from the SuSE-webpage, but the problem
still exists.

Is there possibly somewhere a buffer-overflow in the network/pcmcia
drivers?

Has anybody an idea?

thanks

zlatko