[ltp] Anybody have any experience upgrading TP 755 Hard Drive?

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:44:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Mike Culbertson wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience putting a Hard Drive larger than 800 megs
> in a TP 755CE? I tried just swapping the a 2.1 Gig with the 800 meg in the
> plastic case, it fit, but the BIOS had a fit. Anybody know of any tricks to
> get the BIOS to recognize a larger drive?

I've upgraded the drive in my 750P to 2.1GB with no problems at all.
Ensure you have the latest BIOS available. After that, you may have to
Initialize the CMOS to get the drive noticed. Or try starting the machine
with no drive to make sure it notices the change. Use the EZSetup to test
the drive, too.

Just what happened when "the BIOS had a fit"?

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio