[ltp] Two Questions from me.

Harald Milz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
28 Oct 1999 16:01:11 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910251535390.17290-100000@cog.dqd.com>, Rob Mayoff <mayoff@dqd.com> wrote:
> | How can I reconfigure something so I can mount /dos?
> | What do I reconfigure, and whats a simple way to do it without reloading
> | everything...

> su
> mkdir /mnt/dos
> mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/dos

Or use the automounter so that you don't have to become root or use s suid
root mount all the time. Here's my auto.misc line for the dos fs:

dos             -fstype=msdos           :/dev/hda1

The if you cd to /net/dos, it will mount the fs transparently.

--
Harald Milz                            phone       +49 (0) 89 42769-0
SuSE Muenchen GmbH                     fax       +49 (0) 89 4201-7701