[ltp] Installing Linux on a 770Z

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:37:31 +0100 (BST)

I have run fdisk from a rescue disk to layout partitions before, then used
disk druid to set where each one was mounted....

perhaps creating an exendend partition under winblows first might help.

I found with redhat 6 problems with the pcmcia support disk, can you do without
it for your install?

I just setup a machine with a 20 gig hard disk so it is possible.

Make sure if you use an extended partition it starts before cylinder 1023 that
cna help on some BIOSes.

and that your / filesystem is fully addressable within the first 1023 cylinders

(Hands up who thinks when they invented LBA, they should have fixed it
properly!)

James