[ltp] Installing Linux on a 770Z

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:41:06 +0100 (BST)

> What do you mean by "locked up tight"?
> Do you suspend from X? Then you should first switch to a Textterminal.
> Suspend and Hibernation work very fine on my TP and the resume is fast
> compared to Win98.

Some times it looks weird when I come back some times not however I fix it
with :-

in Xfree86 You can aways do a "server zap",

ctrl-alt-backspace that will kill X and xdm will restart it, when restarted
it all looks right again, going to a text mode first is better however. If
ctrl-alt-backspace does not work for you, you may have to modify your XFree86
config. Its in the sample one, just look at that.

James