[ltp] ISDN suggestions

Michael Cameron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 20:07:48 +0100

Thanks to everyone who replied.  My decision came down to take the 3com
ISDN LAN modem or wait a week (or more) for the alternatives.  Got home, set it
up within minutes - web pages in firmware, great idea.  No instructions for
linux but none really needed.  The device  is a DHCP server, acts as your
gateway and DNS server and has four ethernet ports (but you can add more if you
need). No need to use PPP, it does your dialling for you.  I have nothing
similar to compare it with but, if anyone is looking for such a device have no
hesitation in saying this works great (3Com Office Connect ISDN LAN modem,
3C891)

Thanks again,

Michael

--
Synteks Computing Limited                      Tel: +44 (0)7974 791745
You can now send SMS messages (<160 chars) to my cell phone via email: