[ltp] FW: 770z and hard drives

Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:21:30 -0400

> > 1. can the 14.1 gig on 770z be swapped out
> >    and replaced with another drive?
yes but you need an drive shell to do this
which costs around 50 bucks
or you can  buy an IBM options drive
> > 2. if so do you know what manufactors are compatible?
any 2.5" ~18mm IDE drive should work
> > 3. can one buy a drive that can can used in both the
> > main drive slot as well as in the ultra-bay slot. If so what kind
> > will work?
same as above you must not only have a shell for the drive but also
a 2nd hard disk adaptor that you can buy from IBM (also around 50
bucks as i recall)
> > I would like to use this drive as a second drive in the machine
> > but also as a stand alone drive.
I do this to run linux on one drive and keep a windows filesystem
available and mountable in the ultrabay.

good luck

brad
Bradley W. Langhorst
bwlang@genome.wi.mit.edu