[ltp] FW: 770z and hard drives

Dick Schroeder linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:17:25 -0500

   Last I knew, a company called Arrowfield International with
   offices in Tustin, CA, (714-669-0101) and Phoenix, AZ
   (602-936-5600) could supply those drive shells. They are a
   wholesale outfit / manufacturer so they want to sell to
   resellers. Those phone numbers are at least a year old.

   Let me know if you get one and it works. I've been thinking
   of getting one for my 770X. I bought a couple of Toshiba drive
   shells from them a couple of years ago and they were fine.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the tip. The number in Tustin (first one I tried)

worked fine! It was a little tricky getting past the receptionist

(she insisted on knowing who I wanted to talk to), but once I

got the right person on the line, no problem. I ordered the shells,

I hope they fit my 770Z. They were $45 each complete with adapter,etc.

I'll try to remember to let you know if they were right, etc.

Dick