[ltp] IR on TP (600 specifically)

Leif Jonsson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 10:15:34 +0200

Dirk Husemann wrote:

>     (8) Update /etc/conf.modules to include
>
>         alias tty-ldisc-11 irtty
>         alias char-major-60 ircomm_tty
>
> That did the trick for me. I'm now using the IR port to talk to my Palm V,
> eh, WorkPad and synchronize with it (using PilotMgr and malsync for
> AvantGo). Quite nice 8=)

Mr. Husemann,

Thanks for your reply!

I have basically gotten as far as to point 8 without problems, but I'd
really
be greateful if you could explain whow you did it from there (sorry =),
for
instance:

I do

bash$ 'irattach /dev/ttyS1'

the system log says:

tcsetattr: Input/Output error

and if I do:

bahs$ 'irmanager -d 1'

the syslog says the same thing plus:

syslogd: Printing partial message

this raises some suspicions that something is wrong, and when
I try to sync over /dev/ircomm it doesn't work

Highest regards and respect...
-Leif

--
Leif Jonsson, ERA/T/KA       mailto:Leif.von.Jonsson@era-t.ericsson.se
Ericsson Radio Systems       phoneto:+46(0)84047215