[ltp] IR on TP (600 specifically)

Leif Jonsson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 15:24:42 +0200

Henk Hesselink wrote:

> Hi Leif,
>
> The tcsetattr problem can be caused by an interrupt conflict.  Check out the
> interrupt for ttyS1 with setserial and then make sure that it is excluded in
> the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file and that there are no other conflicts.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Mr. Hesselink, and thanks! =)

That got me a bit further on the way, now I get tcsetattr: Input/Output
error later on.
Which of course indicates some more conflicts... this in turn makes me
wonder...
is it possible to have sound, net (via pc card), serial port and ir all
togeather or is
there not enough system resources for this, and if it is possible could
someone give me
a pointer on how to achieve this? Basically I can skip the parallell
port. =)

Cheers and thanks again!
-Leif

--
Leif Jonsson, ERA/T/KA       mailto:Leif.von.Jonsson@era-t.ericsson.se
Ericsson Radio Systems       phoneto:+46(0)84047215