[ltp] 13.7" or 14.1"

Friedemann Baitinger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 00:26:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Bruce Cowan wrote:

> No question at all - it is worth the wait. The 13.7" on my 770X is
> just fabulous! The other great feature is that you get 1280x1024
> on an external monitor at decent color depth and decent refresh
> rate. Maybe the 770Z 14.1" model works ok there, but almost every
> other 1024x768 laptop in the world limits you to 8-bit color or
> 60Hz refresh or both at 1280x1024 - either restriction makes it
> unusable as far as I am concerned.

Just my personal opinion: A tp770{x,z} with a 1280x1024 display
doesn't deserve to be attached to anything else than a LAN. Neither
should there be any connector to attach an external keyboard or mouse
nor a monitor. What should be done instead, is integrating a real
(non-mwave) modem and a 10/100Mbit/s Ethernet adapter. I hate these
external 'media couplers'.

--
Friedemann Baitinger       fb@baiti.net      http://baiti.net/fb

Why is it that every time I write F you see K?