[ltp] 13.7" or 14.1"

Bruce Cowan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 16:50:26 -0700

Huh?? I really like my 21" monitor attached to my TP770x. It is
much nicer to look at when I'm sitting at my desk than the 13.7"
TP screen. But of course when I'm not at my desk, I love having
the 13.7" high resolution screen.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Friedemann Baitinger [mailto:fb@baiti.net]
Sent: Thursday, 09 September 1999 15:27
To: 'linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com'
Subject: RE: [ltp] 13.7" or 14.1"

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Bruce Cowan wrote:

> No question at all - it is worth the wait. The 13.7" on my 770X is
> just fabulous! The other great feature is that you get 1280x1024
> on an external monitor at decent color depth and decent refresh
> rate. Maybe the 770Z 14.1" model works ok there, but almost every
> other 1024x768 laptop in the world limits you to 8-bit color or
> 60Hz refresh or both at 1280x1024 - either restriction makes it
> unusable as far as I am concerned.

Just my personal opinion: A tp770{x,z} with a 1280x1024 display
doesn't deserve to be attached to anything else than a LAN. Neither
should there be any connector to attach an external keyboard or mouse
nor a monitor. What should be done instead, is integrating a real
(non-mwave) modem and a 10/100Mbit/s Ethernet adapter. I hate these
external 'media couplers'.

--
Friedemann Baitinger       fb@baiti.net      http://baiti.net/fb

Why is it that every time I write F you see K?