[ltp] pcmcia ethernet doesn't work after upgrade

Michael Cameron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:42:39 +0100

eduardo wrote:

> I think it's not a DNS problem because I can ping everywhere.
> I don't use NIS nor hosts...
>
> the "ping" works OK includding other networks (the routes are OK).

Can you be more explicit?
You *appear* to be saying that networking is up and running on your
machine but you are unable to use certain services.

Can you reach local servers on your network? How?
(ping/ftp/telnet/traceroute)
Can you reach remote servers? How? Where are they in relation to your
machine (intranet/internet).
Are there any firewalls in between? Do you have required permissions for
the traffic you are generating.

What are you trying to do?  Did you save any config files prior to the
upgrade?

MJC