[ltp] IBM Linux HOWTO for ThinkPad 600E and RH Certification

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:15:22 -0400

Folks,

A Linux HOWTO for the ThinkPad 600E is now on the web at
http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4BP6Q6.html.

Also, the ThinkPad 600E (2645-4BU) has passed Red Hat Linux 6.0 certification
and is listed on Red Hat's certification list.
http://developer.redhat.com/certification/cert-report.php3

There is a press release today, but I haven't found it yet!

Let me know what you think of the HOWTO; specifically, how can it be improved
(format, content, etc.).

This is just the beginning. As we add HOWTO's for other models, we'll try to
develop a useful page hierrarchy, with pages for common issues (eg. sound
configuration, kernel options, etc.).

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761