[ltp] Thinkpad 701C help needed

John Dennis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:06:51 -0700 (PDT)

I have a Thinkpad 701C and have not been able to get linux installed on it.  I am able to bootup with the disk but when it comes to finding the CD drive in the parallel port it is unable to.  I bought a CD drive that is recognized by linux but still does not work.  It is hooked up to what IBM calls a multiport.  A friend had OS/2 Warp which I installed and it see's the drive just fine.  I am not sure why linux will not see it even when it pulls up which drive I want to choose and the one I have is one of the options.

Net Connection Internet Services -- http://www.ncinternet.net
Unlimited 56K Access for only $15.95.