[ltp] Re:

Ricky Kendall linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:28:22 -0500

Dear Angelo,

I have installed Slackware 3.5, 3.6 on a Thinkpad 755CX and Slackware
3.6, 4.0 on a Thinkpad 770E
and am installing Slackware 4.0 on a new Thinkpad 770Z.  The only
troubles I have had are
with the 770Z.  All the information on the ~bm home page applies to the
770Z with Slackware as
well.  The info on the Linux laptop home page regarding Red Hat 6.0 the
770Z helped a lot with the
disk and PCMCIA tools.    Once I got past the problems with the Large
hard disk and the internal
modem eating IRQ 3 everything went as planned.  PCMCIA memory mods are
critical to get the 3com
575 10/100BT ethernet card to work as well.  Which is the right
distribution?  That is a "religious" argument.
I typically use both Slackware and RedHat.  The former looks more like
my Sun workstation but both
are viable options.  I have not personally used any other distributions
although I have installed Mandrake
on various laptops (Dell, Toshiba) during one of our local Linux user
group's install festivals.

Regards,
Ricky

--