[ltp] Home network & Printing

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:07:33 +0100 (BST)

> By the way: I discovered that when my TP 770Z sits in its bay and I boot
> RedHat 6.0 Linux and the external mouse is attached to the bay, the trackpoint
> is disabled; however, when connecting the external mouse after boot-up, both
> that mouse and the trackpoint work simultaneously. The same is true when I
> plug the external mouse directly into the ThinkPad. (I am using gpm services).

I noticed that too, I put it down to the bios detecting it during boot and
disabling the track point, (Probably done because the lid might be down, in a
docking station and the tp might be pushed slightly, and if the lid is down you
cannot touch the tp anyway), perhaps tpctl could be made to change the setting,
so both would work all the time?

James