[ltp] FAQ

Robert Kiesling linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:38:38 -0400

> I feel the mailing list might be well served with a FAQ posting to
> include subjects such as X versions/config, large disks, the Mwave
> problems, apm etc.. perhaps going as far as triple boot and Vmware.
>
> Bill, do you have any plans (time) for this?  I do not really want to
> spark a discussion, just see if Bill is okay with the idea and see if
> anyone is willing to take on the work involved.
>
> When signing up to the list a mail pointing out the existence of your
> web site and mailing list arhive would keep down some of the more
> regular traffic.

I've been lurking on this list for too long, so I'll add my two
cents.  If you (all) would like, I'll add questions to the general
Linux FAQ, I'll do that, or add a section for laptops.  I've been
planning to add questions about X, KDE, and GNOME--the FAQ is
beginning to show its age.

The FAQ, for anyone who doesn't already know, is at
http://www.mainmatter.com/, and is posted weekly to
comp.os.linux.misc, news.answers, and comp.answers.

Thanks for your attention.

Robert Kiesling