[ltp] Accelerated and APM in 2.2.12 kernel

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:20:45 -0700

Just want to give a little warning to you all about the Accelerated X
server from XiG and the APM functionality in the latest kernel.

If you have APM compiled in and are using this server, your mouse may
not work properly.  It took me a while to figure out the connection.
What happens is that as soon as X is started, the mouse tried to move to
the right side of the screen every time you move it and starts clicking
things randomly without the mouse buttons being pushed.

Here's the setup:

Thinkpad 770X
SuSE Linux 6.2
Accellerated X 5.0.2

I have sent my makefiles to XiG telling them about the problem.

lunaslide