[ltp] Current situation as regards getting a driver for APC modem Mwave MDSP3780i DSP chip set for Thinkpad 600E

Will van Zwanenberg linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:35:16 +0200

Can anyone bring me up-to-date with regards to whether IBM are willing to
help develop a driver for the APC modem that comes bundled with a Thinkpad
600E?

I'm more than a little annoyed that I can't use my existing modem under
Linux and feel that now that IBM are actively support Linux that they ought
to help out by releasing the chipset data so that one can be developed.

Any info on this subject would be appreicated.

William van Zwanenberg
362c Old Ford Road
Bow
London E3 5TA
United Kingdom

Tel:           +44 (0)208 980 4537
Fax:           +44 (0)870 056 8583
Mob:           +44 (0)961 130 235
E-mail:        will@willz.demon.co.uk
Email - phone: 0961130235@one2one.net
Hotmail:       willvz@hotmail.com

"If we don't succeed, then we run the risk of failure." - Vice President
Dan Quayle Texas Repulican Convention, 1989.