[ltp] Linux and IBM

Will van Zwanenberg linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:20:04 +0200

>> Tom,
>>
>> Don't hold your breath for IBM to risk offending M$.  Yesterday IBM
>> backed away from allowing any other OEM vendor to offer a new OS/2 client
>> based upon the new Aurora OS/2 Server technology.  They're still scared
>> sh*tless of M$, and will remain so until the last M$ appeal is denied in
>> the antitrust suit (figuring that M$ will eventually escape it).

within washington there is a desire to clobber Bill and his wretched regime
as hard as the law will allow. Somehow I don't think M$ will get away with it.

William van Zwanenberg
362c Old Ford Road
Bow
London E3 5TA
United Kingdom

Tel:           +44 (0)208 980 4537
Fax:           +44 (0)870 056 8583
Mob:           +44 (0)961 130 235
E-mail:        will@willz.demon.co.uk
Email - phone: 0961130235@one2one.net
Hotmail:       willvz@hotmail.com

"If we don't succeed, then we run the risk of failure." - Vice President
Dan Quayle Texas Repulican Convention, 1989.