[ltp] 770 EOL????

Paul Rubin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:18:33 -0700 (PDT)

	Actually, when we ran out of letters from the Latin character
	set, we considered progressing to Cyrillic and Hebrew letters,
	but our manufacturing line just couldn't handle it. :-)

Keith, I know you probably can't comment on future products, but
I want to go on record saying I really *really* want to get a Thinkpad
with a 13.7" SXGA screen someday, and I just don't see how they can
get that into a 600.  So if they're really EOL'ing the 770 series, I
hope that there is a 780 series (or whatever) coming.  I don't like to
pay more than about $2K for a laptop which means I don't buy the
latest models, but I wait til they're a bit behind the curve, and
upgrade every 2 years or so.  I have a 770-32U right now (i.e. 13.3"
XGA, 233 Mhz Pentium MMX) and don't care much about CPU speed, so
I've been waiting for SXGA models to reach my price range.  So I hope
that that will still happen.