[ltp] TP600E sound & APM problems and another question

Alex Morris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:17:17 -0700

I've just taken the plunge and installed Mandrake 6,1 on my TP600E using LNX4WIN. Seems okay so far but for a couple of things: I've got no sound and KDE ignores the Suspend function (Fn-F4). Can anyone offer advice or URLs to help me solve this, please?

Secondly, does anyone know of any way of running Linux in a WinNT window? I'd like to tinker with Linux at work on a desktop machine, but I don't have a spare box to devote entirely to it so I'd be reduced to using some sort of virtual machine-type thing in NT, if such a thing exists.

Cheers,
Alex

A complete lack of evidence is proof of a successful conspiracy