[ltp] Linux on a Thinkpad i1560 ?

George Staikos linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 15:00:10 -0500

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000, James Bryan wrote:
> Hello,
>    Anyone out there installed linux on a Thinkpad i1560 ?  I looked at all
> the linux-laptop places and searched on google and could not find any
> mention of linux installs on an i1560.  I am curious if anyone has
> installed linux on one, what all had to be configured or changed to get
> linux to install on one. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

  I've had people mail me about the 1560 saying that it is very similar to
the 1460 with respect to hardware.  You can compare for yourself on my
Linux/1From bill.mair@bm-soft.com  Mon May  1 00:15:46 2000
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:12:35 -0500
From: Dennis Lee <mudpup@telepath.com>
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Sound i1400

billy ball wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Leander Gillard wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if somone can help me get the sound working on my
> > i1400.  I am running OpenLinux 2.3.
>
> http://www.telepath.com/mudpup/Linux/thinkPad.html

Cool someone recommended my web site.... But I don't really address
sound on the site other than to say turning off the microphone helped.

Sound came with the Red Hat install I did; if I remember right it just
worked by default; I might of worked through the
http://www.linux.org/help/ldp/howto/Sound-HOWTO.html
or something.
After finals I will work back through it. I plan to repartition and
install Red Hat 6.2 or maybe get real brave and do a Debian install.

Dennis