[ltp] RedHat 6.1 and Thinkpad 600E

Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:34:38 -0400

I'm trying to install RedHat 6.1 on my new 600E thinkpad.  Right now
Windows 95 occupies the
first 3.5 gig of my 10 gig drive.   I used Partition Magic to create a new
Linux Partition (and swap)
but when I boot from the CD I get as far as the install process asking what
install type I want
(I select GNOME, but it happens with all of them) and I get the following
error message:

     "An Error occurred reading the partition table for the block device
hda.
      the error was: No such file or directory"

I tried to install RedHat 6.0 and got the same thing.    The disk is a
TRavelStar
model DCXA-210000.   Any ideas ?    I'd appreciate it !

                              Matt Ganis
                              ganis@us.ibm.com