[ltp] RedHat 6.1 and Thinkpad 600E

ye, wei linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 09:54:04 -0400

If you got "An Error occurred reading the partition table for the block
device",
maybe you need upgrade your BIOS, my laptop is 600X, after upgraded BIOS,
installation  is very smooth.

There are alot of pages on the internet for your reference:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm

Feiyun-Arthur.Wang@nokia.com wrote:

>         I had successed install the RedHat 6.2 in Thinkpad 600E
>         I think you do not need to create the linux partition and swap using
> PQ.
> Just cut off a block of disk .
>         When install the RedHat, the partition tools will ask you to create
> linux partition.
>         Or, when you use PQ, you need to restart the computer serval times
> to make the
> new partition work.
>
>         My problem is that: 1) Linux can not find the NIC. in /dev
> directory, the file /dev/eth0 do not exsit.
>                                              My NIC is D-Link DE660
>                              2) Xwindow can not start.
>                                  The video card is "NeoMagic MagicMedia256AV
> with 2.5MB of SGRAM"
>         Please help !!! Thanks

Copy a "XF86Config" on the internet, restart your X, it should work.
e.g.
http://www.io.com/~manoj/linux-tp600x/XF86Config-3.3.6

> Wang FeiYun
> Mobile: 13801112445