[ltp] Need help with my new 760EL

Travis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 22:15:47 -0400

Hi, I just purchased a IBM ThinkPad 760EL from a computer show.  There
are some things I need to know about this laptop because it came with no
documentation.  I went to the IBM website but could not find any manuals
for this computer.  So here are my questions:  How do I access the BIOS?
I try pressing DELETE and F1 at startup but nothing happens.  Are there
BIOS upgrades for this computer?  Can I get a larger HD?  It currently
has a 2.1 gig and I would like to install windows as well as linux.  I'm
having trouble installing a new kernel, I downloaded kernel 2.2.16 and
tried to compile it.  But for some reason it is not working, it has
something to do with modules, my network card (3com 589 PCMCIA) is not
detected, but it is with the default RH6.1 kernel.  Am I missing some
package, like a PCMCIA package? Please advise.