[ltp] Caldera OpenLinux 2.2

francis_patrick_west@yahoo.com linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 14:09:34 -0700

Folks,

I am trying to instal Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 on a thinkpad
360cse 36 meg ram, 810meg hd. Using a Microsolotions
Backpack parallel port CD-rom drive.

The automatic install fails because it can't find my cdrom
drive. There are drivers for this cdrom on the cd and a
discussion in the book about it. However the install disk
image doesn't have the driver on it and I don't have anyway
of editing the install files or adding the driver. From DOS,
OS/2 or Win95 the install disk is unreadable.

The automatic install uses rawrite and a single disk image.
Unlike the slackware it does boot the Thinkpad.

So how do I access the install boot floppy to tell it to see
the Backpack drive?