[ltp] thinkpad 760xl + X Windows

Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:04:22 -0400 (EDT)

	Greetings.

	Yesterday i procured a thinkpad 760xl and installed Slackware 7.1
on it. All was well until i thought "hrmm, i can probably run gnome or
something on this." Needless to prattle on, for some reason, when i fire
up X (via either startx or the 4th runlevel), it will black out the
screen. The weirdness continues in that i threw on an external monitor
and it showed up on the monitor, working perfectly. I disconnected the
monitor, killed X, restarted, and tried fn + f7. This was a tip that i
read on a linux for thinkpad website. well, it didn't bloody
work. Following this, i installed tpctl and tried to turn off CRT and such
things, but the same occurs. I plead for any help that you can lend to me,

aaron pratt