[ltp] Lucent winmodem on T20

Lai Zit Seng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 07:04:56 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,

I've installed the linux568.zip Lucent Winmodem driver on my ThinkPad T20
(2647/41A). I can use minicom to dialup as a dumb terminal just fine.

However, I seem to have a problem when used in conjunction with PPP. (I've
seen this reported on someone's webpage too, but no solution...) My
/var/log/messsages complains about "Unable to handle kernel paging request
at virtual address 60000000", the offending process being pppd. I can
provide more details about the error messages if required.

My kernel is 2.2.16 (using the Linux Mandrake updated RPM).

Is this a known problem? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

.lzs