[ltp] Weirdness with trackpoint/A20m

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:24:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hey there, I'm having issues with my trackpoint and I was hoping someone
might know what's up.

I am using:  model 2628-31U A20m thinkpad (cel 500mhz, 128MB, 12GB, 15")
Linux kernel 2.4.0-test4 over Mandrake 7.1
AcceleratedX 5.0.3

I have my IR, sound, pcmcia (3c589, old Mhz modem), all working.

I am having issues with my trackpoint under battery power however.

In XFCE 3.4.4 when I boot up on battery power the TP goes pretty wacky, it
skips across the screen, randomly activates menus, and sometimes clicking
a mouse-button moves the pointer instead.  Woah... what gives?

Oh yeah.. and yet another wonder, sometimes when I bot on battery power
linux tries to probe hdd (which doesn't exist)

Anyhow, any ideas, suggestions, help, sympathy....

all would be greatly appreciated,

Leeman Strout
alaric@portone.com