[ltp] RedHat Linux 6.2 on a T-20 works

Roger Dingledine linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:56:53 -0400

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 02:18:44PM -0400, Bill Arbaugh wrote:
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/~waa/ibm-t20/t20-install.html
>
> The only outstanding problems are legacy sound, and power
> management.  Both of which, I'll work on when I have time.

>I haven't tried to get this working yet. When I try and suspend, I get:
>"apm: an event queue overflowed"

A kernel recompile fixed this for me:

CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_POWER_OFF=y
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_MULTIPLE_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_SUSPEND_BOUNCE=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y

The 'ignore multiple suspend' is the one that fixes your problem above.
I haven't decided yet if I want to keep 'allow interrupts' (the last
item above). Seems to work ok either way.

--Roger