[ltp] Resizing partitions ...

Fernando Fuganti linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:37:49 -0300 (BRT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, John Janmaat wrote:

> Hello,
hi !

> My employer provided me with a Thinkpad A20m, with Win98 installed.  I
> convinced them to put Linux on it as well (Slackware), but am now trying
> to figure out how to reduce the size of the FAT32 partition to get more
> room for Linux stuff (/usr, /home).  I have tried FIPS and fsresize,
> both of which exit with some message about problems in some upper
> sector/cluster.  Scandisk and dosfschk indicate everything is fine.
>
> Any suggestions?

yes, try using GNU parted, it's a replacement for FIPS and Partition
Magic, and more, is under GPL !

with it you can do a lot of operations on your partitions safely

try http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html

parted only runs on Linux, but a boot disk is available on bootdisk
directory on ftp (see Downloading section on web page)

Fernando Fuganti