[ltp] IBM DJSA-230 (30GB) in TP600E

Andreas Siegert linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:54:58 +0200

Quoting takuzo@psdc.sony.co.jp (takuzo@psdc.sony.co.jp) on Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 10:48:16AM +0200:

> have you tried the new BIOS from IBM?

Yes, and that did the trick. I was under the impression that the machine was
new enough to have the latest one, but that turned out to be wrong.
I installed INET30WW and after that Linux as well as the Windows recovery CD
recognized the disk without any additional tweaks.

I am still wondering why the label on the disk has CHS parameters for 8GB.

cheers
afx
--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-4424930
Steinstrasse 68                                  Fax: +49-89-4424931