[ltp] Trident 9397-DVD programming docs (770X)

George Staikos linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:45:37 -0400

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Mo DeJong wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I finally got the Trident 9397-DVD programming docs
> from IBM. I am really bothered by the lamo xfree86
> support in Linux, it hoses up my Thinkpad 770X
> when I do a suspend to disk. X also seems to
> get hosed at random times when switching from
> X to the console. I am going to attempt to fix
> some problems now that I have the docs. I would
> also like to speed up playing of DVDs using
> Livid.
>
> Would anyone else be interested in this info?
> It would be a major pain in the butt to make
> copes because I would need to do it by hand.
> But if other Thinkpad hackers wanted some
> of this vital programming info, I could take
> some time to get it to you. It took about
> 3 months to extract these docs from IBM!
>
> Mo DeJong
> Red Hat Inc

  Do you have a good contact at IBM?  I really would like to get the docs for
the Easy Launch keys and the Hardware CD keys.  No luck getting any of it so
far.  I will write the driver in an instant if I could get any info at
all......

   Looks like ATI has already got a Linux player for the ATI Rage DVD under
development/ready so I'm not worried about that.

   We also have to try and do something about the POS Lucent driver.  Yeah
it's great that they wrote one, but it's the worst written driver I"ve ever
seen.  I don't mind closed source when it comes to things like this, but
please, let it be written sanely!

   You might want to send the Trident docs to the people at
livid-dev@linuxvideo.org

--

George Staikos