[ltp] Trident 9397-DVD programming docs (770X)

Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:56:22 -0400

George Staikos wrote:
>   Do you have a good contact at IBM?  I really would like to get the docs
for
> the Easy Launch keys and the Hardware CD keys.  No luck getting any of it
so
> far.  I will write the driver in an instant if I could get any info at
> all......

George,
My attempts to get Easy Launch key specs for you (a while back) was met
with resistance. Not by IBM, but by the OEM that produced that model and
the Easy Launch button driver. However, I may be able to try again and have
more sway this time since the ThinkPad organization is becoming much more
focused on Linux support.

Regarding the Lucent driver, you'll soon have a crack at the Linux-piece of
the source code, since it is being released with the new driver. I believe
I've mentioned that in earlier threads on this list.

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761