[ltp] Trident 9397-DVD programming docs (770X)

Matthew Emmett linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
21 Aug 2000 10:25:17 -0700

James Hawtin <oolon@ankh.org> writes:

> I think a thinkpad with hardware which has open specs would be a
> seeing point. But may be thats just me. Dumb win modems etc etc. it
> worth have slight higher price, power consuption for hardware that
> works! With your OS of choice. So while lucent may finally do a
> modem driver for linux..  wheer is the BSD support etc.

Yes, I agree.  WinModems help Micro$oft achieve a monopoly -- which is
logically bad.  Hardware vendors (IMO), shouldn't support this.  I
hope that IBM will avoid WinModems in the future.

--
Matthew Emmett