[ltp] Re: Trident 9397-DVD programming docs (770X)

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:00:03 -0400

Alan Shutko wrote:
> With the mini-PCI slots in the newer machines, would it be possible to
> market a hardware modem/ethernet combo card?  I haven't found one in
> my searches, but I'd be willing to buy that separately, and pay a
> premium.  As it is, I have these nice ports on my A20p which aren't
> being used.

If IBM saw a significant market for a hardware-based modem option for the
ThinkPad line, then I'd imagine we'd be selling one. I suspect that we've
just not seen a large enough demand to justify the expense of bringing such
an option to market.

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761