[ltp] Re: Thinkpad T20 apm issues

Lai Zit Seng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:26:35 +0800 (SGT)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> > The only outstanding APM issue for my T20 is hibernate. Has anyone of you
> > gotten hibernate (Fn+F12) to work?
>
> Hibernation works just fine for me. It looks like a suspend to the APM
> BIOS. I've used it with both a FAT and FAT32 partition.

Hmm, for me, when I press Fn+F12, I get a low beep and that's all. I am
not sure if the BIOS or Linux kernel is beeping. I suspect the former
because nothing is even recorded in my syslog.

I am not sure if this matters. I got rid of my hibernate file and created
a hibernate partition instead (in anticipation that one day I will have no
FAT partitions on my system at all).

Regards,

.lzs

ps: I'm copying this back to the list in case someone there has something
    to contribute :)