[ltp] Re: Thinkpad T20 apm issues

Robert A. Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:00:55 -0700

I believe the hibernate file is created in a separate partition, with
a 'different' partition type identifier.  At least I know that seemed
to be what I saw on a TP770X (which I no longer have - changing jobs).
But I do recall that PartitionMagic saw a strange partition out there.

The hibernate partition/file was allocated at the top of my 8GB disk,
and it worked fine with both the Win98 preload and OS/2 - I did not
try hibernation under Linux, but suspect it would have worked there,
too.  I just never got around to figuring out how to trigger that....

Regards,