[ltp] IBM and Winmodems was Trident 9397-DVD programming docs (770X)

Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:31:44 -0400

Ken Firestone wrote:
> What, if anything is IBM doing to get a newer version of the Lucent
> winmodem module, for the newer kernels. I understand the current one
> breaks with version 2.2.15 of the kernel, and will not work with
> 2.4.x.

Ken,

The Linux preload for the A20m and T20 include a newer version of the
Lucent driver. The driver includes the source code to the Linux specific
pieces, giving the user the ability to rebuild the driver with whichever
kernel they have.

In the very near future, we will make that driver package available on the
web. Before releasing it via the web, we had to create an "unpacking"
mechanism that complied with Lucent's license end-user license
restrictions. We're in test with that now.

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761