[ltp] Any reason to keep Win98 on an A20p?

Guy Davis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:54:13 -0600

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

I recently got hold of an IBM A20p.  I plan on running Red Hat Linux
6.2 as the primary OS.  It looks like most people doing this use
Partition Magic to shrink down the Windows partition and then install
Linux.  I don't want to buy PM just to use it once.  I'm thinking of
losing the Windows partition all together.

Is there anything besides the following that I will be giving up by
not keeping the small Win98 partition?
1) Ability to play DVDs (don't have any, don't need any)
2) Hibernation (if I never use Win98, won't ever sleep in Win98)
3) S-Video In/Out (Linux won't do this right?)

I plan on running Win2KPro from a virtual disk in VMWare, but I would
like to boot into Linux as much as I can.  Thanks for your responses.

--=20
Guy Davis		http://enigma.fdns.net/=20
77A5 C242 60C8 1B57 8A87  682B 240B 490E B17C 87AF

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--